What are you anticipating today? Do you enjoy the waiting, the anxious excitement for wonderful things to come? Is the anticipation all part of the fun?
Several of my friends and I have been anticipating an event for an entire year: the second movie in the "Twilight" series, "New Moon." Last year, we went to "Twilight" on opening day, November 21st. My friend's baby was barely a month old, and I got to cuddle her through the entire film. Think of it: Edward on the big screen, and Hanna in my arms. Pure delight. Tomorrow night (well technically VERY early Friday morning), the year of waiting will conclude. At 6:00 p.m., several of us will go to dinner together as the start to our girls' night out. At 9:00 p.m., we will watch "Twilight" once again. This will be my the seventh time, but I'm sure others have watched it even more times than that. Then, at 12:01, we will watch "New Moon." I won't have baby Hanna this time; she has grown into the sweetest little person, who loves to run around everywhere, so she'll have to stay home with her dad.
Yes, my friends, it's really almost time. Just 34 more hours to wait.
What else am I anticipating today?
Ah, yes, once my body recovers from getting out of a movie at 3:00 a.m.; driving the half hour home; sleeping three hours; and then getting up, ready, and back to the college to teach my 8:00 a.m. class, yet another exciting event looms on the horizon: Thanksgiving. And it is not just another ordinary Thanksgiving either. As you know, this whole situation with not one, not two, but THREE of my five kids living far away does not really appeal to me. The good news is that Tuesday at 6:00 p.m., Shulamith lands in Billings, followed the next day by Luke and Isaiah at 1:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. respectively. The seven of us home together for Thanksgiving....this even trumps "New Moon."
So I ask once again, "What are YOU anticipating today?"
No comments:
Post a Comment