It has been suggested to me by a reader that we figure out a way to add an "M" to this blog. Those of you who have read from the start may remember that "ITS LEGS" is an acronym that uses the initials of all the people in our family: Isaiah, Terrianne, Shulamith, Luke, Eli, Gerald, and Seth. Way back when we were contemplating a vanity license plate, I asked Eli to come up with something, and this was it. But now we have Mathew. Hooray!!! So if anyone can come up with a different acronym that includes the letter "M," I'd love to hear it.
Suggestions??
Oh, and there really will be more wedding stuff to come. Pictures should be available soon as well. This week I've been a bit emotional, which is not the best state in which to write. And now I'm busy trying to get tomorrow's reception ready.
But there will definitely be more to come. I promise!
OK Terrianne, I've thought of a couple.
ReplyDeleteT GLIM[P]SES; or GLIMTSES; GEL MISTS; MIST GELS; GET SLIMS or GETS SLIM; SLIT'S GEM.
Add an E for Erichsen (I know, that would necessitate a W but bear with me)= GET SMILES; GETS MILES or GET MISSLE.
Add W and not E: MELTS WIGS.
With W and E (Webster and Erichsen)='TIS SWEL GEMS; WIST GLEEMS; STEM WIGLES; LE WIG STEMS; SLEW MIGETS; MIGEL'S STEW; MISS WET GEL; I'M LEG'S STEW;I'M WEST LEGS; M'S SLEET WIGS; SWIM LEG SET; IS WELT GEMS; I SWELT GEMS; T's WILES & GEMS; MET WIGLESS; WE MIST LEGS; WE SLIT GEMS; WE LIST GEMS; GET SEW SLIM. OK, I better go do something with my day. ;o)
Patty! Wow, thanks. My absolute favorite is GETS SLIM. Because that is what I am constantly trying to do. It's perfect. I need to run it by everyone else, of course, but from my perspective, it's brilliant.
ReplyDeleteLorrie sent these in email rather than commenting here, but I decided everyone should see them, so here are her ideas:
ReplyDelete(1) GEMLISTS (Everyone is a jewel!)
(2) GETSLIMS (OK, not the most attractive, but the letters worked)
(3) GTSMILES (Putting the G first has the advantage of "GT" as in a fast car like mine with 8 cylinders. If that is no value to those in your family you could always go with
(4) TGSMILES (Terrianne and Gerald Smiles, aka the joys of having a daughter and five sons).
Okay, Lorrie, I LOVE this last one, especially the sentiment you added. How will we ever decide between TGSMILES and GETS SLIM?
What does everyone else think? Come on..I need more opinions.
Oh, man - I totally missed out on this game! I like the smiles one, b/c it's more about family than the other. And that is after all, the focus of this blog is it not?
ReplyDeleteRachael! I was wondering where you were. Yeah, the TGSMILES is good. We may make it an addition to rather than a replacement for IT LEGS because no one wants to give up ITS LEGS. :-)
ReplyDelete