Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Letter to the Rain

Dear Rain,

I have always loved you. You know that. I grew up well-acquainted with you, and I have only the fondest memories of our time together. As a child living the Pacific Northwest, you were in my life practically every day. You provided the cool, moist air that kept my skin soft and my spirit happy. There is truly no better weather than you. So fond I am of you that I even wrote an entire blog post in your honor a couple years ago.

When I moved from Washington to Montana seven years ago, we began our long-distance relationship. Those are never satisfying, are they? I missed you terribly. On the rare occasions that you would visit Montana, I would run outside immediately to feel your presence. My trips to the Northwest were to see my family, yes, but they were also motivated by my desire to be with you. My devotion to you is unwavering.

For the past couple of weeks, you have made a surprisingly-extended visit here to Billings. Sadly, I missed you during your first week here because I was out of town; friends texted me to tell me you were here, so I hurried back last week in time to be with you. Our time together has been delightful. I didn't realize how much I missed you until we were together again.

Now I need to ask you a small favor. It's not personal. Please don't be offended. I need just a small break from you today. I need you to leave town long enough for me to get my possessions moved from the house we just sold into our storage unit. I am not breaking up with you; this is not a "Dear Rain" letter. I'm just asking for some space between us for a short period of time. I will be so appreciative; I will love you even more if you can do me this one favor. I'm getting a bit desperate.

Please believe me when I tell you that you will always be #1. No other weather could ever replace you in my heart.

Forever yours,

Terrianne

No comments:

Post a Comment