So I was just talking to my mom about my most recent blog post "Think of a Fantasy," and she said, "Don't forget ordicles." Ahh, how could I forget ordicles??? Rather than revising that post, I decided to add this little addendum because, well, we just can't forget ordicles.
Ordicles: A piece of yarn, long enough to be worn around the neck, with any number of things hanging from it, the more the better. Mine had safety pins, rubber bands, pop can tops (back when they came off the cans), gum machine rings, paper clips, etc.
I told my friends that they must wear their ordicles every day, and at one point nearly every little girl in my third grade class had them. Their mothers complained that they dressed their daughters up cute for school, only to have the whole outfit ruined by these ridiculous, home-made necklaces they insisted on wearing. I didn't care. Ordicles were important, right up there with cold-heat and The Order of the Pillows.
Yes indeed!
No comments:
Post a Comment