Sometimes I post a blog entry for no other reason than I want the content saved permanently. This is one of those times.
Here are some of the more memorable things my kids have said:
"Being a kid is okay, but I think I will enjoy adultery more." --Luke (age 8)
Reflecting on the fact that she had no sisters:"It's okay that we don't have a sister, Mom. We have each other. We can go shopping and play Barbies and paint our nails and wear pretty shoes, and we don't ever have to share our stuff with boys." --Shulamith (age 7)
To the age old question "What do you want to be when you grow up?"
"When I grow up, I want to be a fireman or an ice cream man. Firemen help people, but ice cream men get A LOT of money!" --Isaiah (age 6)
A large sign posted on his bedroom door:
"PRIVATE! NO SHULAMITH SPECIES ALLOWED!" --Luke (age 9)
Mom: "Everyone get your shoes on. We're going to Bellingham."
"Bellingham! Where Baby Jesus was born?" --Eli (age 7)
In Albertson's one day, I was chasing after Seth, who was pulling out coupon after coupon from the coupon dispensers around the store. Frustrating!
Mom: "Luke! Isaiah! Eli! Seth! Whatever your name is! Stop!!!"
"You have too much children. You can't even remember their names." --Seth (age 6)
After Shulamith threatened to get rid of Kitty because she chewed up one of Swen's diapers:
"If you get rid of Kitty, I'm going to leave home and become a Republican." --Seth (age 12)
Kids say the darndest things. And I want to remember them. Forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment