...without hitting a mommy blogger.
Bahahhaha!
Here's the back story. As some of you know, I do some freelance writing for a site called Sidelines. I am a senior writer, and along with two other women, oversee the Parenting and Lifestyle Communities. A few months ago, the three of us were chatting with our managing editor about what kinds of contributors we would like to recruit, and someone mentioned "mommy bloggers." As soon as she said that, the other person said: "You can't swing a dead cat without hitting a mommy blogger."
As a prolific mommy blogger, myself, this statement cracked me up. So just yesterday, this stitched sign arrived in the mail. Once my Christmas decor is down, it will most definitely be framed and on display.
The statement, by the way, is absolutely true. And why wouldn't it be? As mommies, we love to talk about our kids. As writers, well, we love to write. The result: The Mommy Blogger! I am proud to be one of the many, and I'm grateful for all who read. It's such a treat when someone comes up to me, often someone I don't even really know, and tells me she enjoyed a particular post.
It's also a wonderful way to preserve family history, something I was never very good at pre-internet days. I now have six hardback books with all my posts from the past six years. Soon, I'll get to order the one for 2015.
So here's to another year of mommy blogging. Just don't swing any dead cats my way.

No comments:
Post a Comment