...and that is alliteration, by the way, even though the two words don't begin with the same letter. The digraph /ph/ makes the "f" sound, so yeah.
Just like almost everyone, our family members have been through numerous different phones in the past 15ish years, since we first got cellular devices. I honestly can't remember how we ever functioned without these guys. I know we did, but how? I was the most adamant naysayer too. "I am not important enough that I need to carry around a phone. If someone needs me that badly, he can leave a message, and I'll return the call." Ha ha yep, that was me!
I still remember what triggered my first cell phone purpose and exactly when that was. Shulamith was 14 and had just made the varsity cheerleading squad. Suddenly, my little girl, who could not even drive herself, was riding around in cars with seniors in high school! Yeah, I went right out and bought us both phones and instructed her to charge it, leave it on, and answer every time I called. She always did.
It was the most basic phone and didn't even have text messaging. Honestly, how did I exist without the ability to text? It would be years still before we all had smart phones. I remember coming home with my very first one, and Isaiah pointing out that he, so much more than I, would truly utilize the thing. Truth. But, well, I'm the mom, so I got one first.
Now it is 2016, and all the Erichsen-Websters have smart phones. But there's this continual battle among us about which is best, the Android or the iPhone. It's become greater than a matter of simple preference; it's a moral issue around here. Gerald and Isaiah are die-hard Android users. Won't even consider iPhones. Shulamith and Matt are solid iPhone users. Eli, Seth, and I are less committed.
This past week, four of us were ready for upgrades, so the conflict arose once again. A house divided, we were. Gerald and Eli both got new Android models; Seth and I opted for iPhones. Isaiah was so disappointed in Seth but grateful Eli "chose the right."
As for me, I'm just gonna say that I LOVE my new iPhone. So much better than my previous Droid (which Shulamith made me get, but that's another story). I can't explain why I like it so much more; I can't put into words why I'm so much happier.
It's just better.
So we're all stocked up in cell phones for now, and everyone happy with his or her choice. The phone wars have died down just in time for March Madness. Isaiah, our token basketball enthusiast, has somehow recruited Seth, and they both now spend all their free time screaming at the TV.
I think I preferred the cell phone squabbles.
No comments:
Post a Comment