This time might have been our best yet, were it not for the fact that Seth wasn't here. So as I sit here with Google Hangouts open, anxiously waiting/hoping he'll be able to call today (P-day), let me briefly report the details of this year's celebration.
After church, we all put on our Christmas jammies from this past year, and oooh, they were warm, especially for June! I think Shulamith's daughter Kennedy is the only one who kept her woolly fleece top on the whole time; the rest of us just wore our bottoms with t-shirts.
Food was the first order of business. We feasted on our favorite egg casserole with cinnamon toast, grilled lemon pepper chicken and baked potatoes, followed by a rousing game of "What Do You Meme?" By then, we were ready for dessert: banana cream pie, and brownie ice cream sundaes. Mmmm!
Then Eli used his 2018 Christmas Spotify station and played us some lovely Christmas music, while we opened presents. We had drawn names, so everyone got one gift with a $15 limit. The goal is the joy of giving to each other, as we remember the reason we celebrate Christmas, and not to break anyone's budget in the middle of summer.
Here are some pics of the festivities:
Shulamith, opening her Bath and Body Works candle
Amanda opening her expansion pack to "What Do You Meme?"
Eli opening a fan for his new classroom
The next day, me wearing my new dress, complete with pockets so I can teach Gospel Doctrine
Now hard as this may be to believe, not everyone loves Halfway Christmas as much as we do. I know, right? But Isaiah and Matt are definitely not into it, so they didn't draw names or buy presents. Instead, Isaiah spent some bonding time with Shulamith's baby, Theodore, teaching him the correct way to play video games:
And we never celebrated Matt's birthday in May, so we took the opportunity to give him his very belated birthday present:
Merry Halfway Christmas, everyone! Oh wait, you don't celebrate Halfway Christmas? Well, you have a whole year to remedy that. Talk to your family. Plan now for Halfway Christmas 2020. You won't regret it.








That dress is SO CUTE! I love the color and the cut is perfect on you! Also- I've always been jealous of halfway Christmas. Rielly will need a lot of convincing, but I want to start it here.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Lacey! It's even stretchy, which makes it super comfortable. I love it. And you should most definitely adopt Halfway Christmas. It's such a fun tradition.
Delete