Okay, this is it. No more whining over my kids being away. I was thinking I might risk losing all you lovely readers if I keep this up any longer; who wants to read a depressing, whiny blog day after day? Instead, let's try to have a good day filled gratitude for our blessings and hope for the unexpected miracles to come.
There is so much to be thankful for today....
1. Beautiful rain yesterday morning. Yes, it stopped. Yes, the sun is out again today. But, really, you should have been here. It was positively lovely yesterday morning.
2. Laughter, as Shulamith, Matt, and I sat through two incredibly awful movies: "Love Happens," which was awful enough, then "All About Steve," which was far worse. (Shulamith.... next time, Matt and I are picking the movie. Seriously.)
3. The season premier of "House," which is tonight for two whole hours! And Gerald is even home to watch it with me (which rarely happens on a weeknight). He is SO excited. Ha!
4. The season premier of "Grey's Anatomy" which is Thursday night. (Shulamith gets to watch this on her brand new flat screen TV. Am I jealous? A little.)
5. My best friend who lives right across the street, and who knew how difficult yesterday would be for me, so she texted in the evening to ask how I was. Thanks, Linds.
6. My other best friend, with whom I just finished a delightful text conversation. Twenty years ago, this would not have been possible considering she is in Texas. It would have required an expensive phone call.
7. Tickets purchased to Indiana, so Shulamith and I can visit Luke next month.
8. Eli, who with the youth choir, sang so beautifully yesterday at Stake Conference that people were fighting back tears.
9. Fun students, who did a splendid job with their very first attempt at sentence analysis. I would tell them congratulations, except I'm pretty sure none of them reads this blog. Still, they are a blessing to me!
10. Seth, who is already talking about a Halloween costume, which reminds me that the holidays are right around the corner. Hooray!
11. Dinner with a good friend tomorrow evening. We call it "dinner therapy" because that's how good it is for both of us.
12. A plethora of other blessings, far to numerous to name or to remember, but 12 is a nice number and a good stopping place.
So there. I did it. No whining at all. And I'm not even crying, at least for the moment. Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment