Thursday, June 17, 2010

Emma, Jase, and Hanna

My three favorite children (other than my own, of course) are Emma, Jase, and Hanna. They are 6, 4, and 20 months, respectively. Last week, I had the pleasure of spending a couple hours with them while Lindsey went visiting teaching. As Emma and Jase and I sat on the couch watching Hanna attempt to jump rope (which was plenty entertaining enough), Jase proceeded to take another jump rope and tie me up. He wrapped rope around both my feet and then around the couch. The following conversation ensued:

Emma: I love your necklace, Terrianne. It's so cute.

Me: Thanks, Emma. I love it too. Gerald gave it to me. It has a mom holding a baby. It reminds me how much I love my children.

Emma: You have five children, right?

Me: Yes, I do. The oldest is Luke. Do you remember him?

Emma: Yes.

Jase: I like Luke!

Emma: Then there's Shulamith, except she's not in your family anymore because she got married.

Me: Oh, Emma, Shulamith is still our family. She got married, so now she lives with Matt, but she is definitely still in our family. Next comes Isaiah. Do you remember Isaiah?

Emma: Yes I do.

Jase: I don't remember Isaiah.

Me: Well, we'll have to bring him over, so you will remember him. He was gone at college for quite a long time. And then there are Eli and Seth. Of course you know both of them very well.

Emma: Yeah (giggling), I like to chase Seth!

And then, out of the blue...

Jase: Well, your children are sure gonna miss you. Because you're tied up to this couch forever. You'll have to sleep here and eat here.

Me: Really, I'll have to stay tied up here forever?

....Pause.....

Jase: Are you prayin'?

Me: Ah, no.

Jase: Maybe you should be.

Me: You mean I should pray that I can somehow get untied from this couch?

Jase: I'll just do it for you.

At which point, he folds his arms, closes his eyes, and begins to pray....

“Dear Heavenly Father. Thank you for this day. Please bless the food to nourish and strengthen our bodies. And please bless Terrianne so she can get untied from this couch. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.”

3 comments:

  1. That is hilarious! Those kids are pretty darn cute. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they are, Rachael. I love them very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay that is the funniest thing I have heard all day...love those kids!

    ReplyDelete