Let me first say that I love political humor. Of course, I like it best when it makes fun of Republicans, but honestly, I laugh either way. I am a dyed-in-the-wool Democrat, liberal and proud of it. As it turns out, though, most of my friends are conservative. Not sure why that is, and it doesn't matter anyway because, fortunately, they are also reasonable, intelligent, kind, and respectful individuals. In most cases. There was a time a couple years ago when a "friend" removed me from her Facebook because of my liberal politics. How utterly silly! How stiflingly boring life would be if everyone's views were exactly the same. I believe I've had this exact discussion with some of my most conservative friends (Hi Rachael and Amy!). Rachael (aka Raree) said something like "We may never agree on politics, but I think we are both still wonderful people." And Amy's comment was something like "We can disagree and still be respectful and kind." You girls rock!
Anyway, last night's Leno show cracked me up, and I just have to record the jokes, and what better place to do it than right here on my own blog. Keep in mind that I'm subjected to constant anti-Obama rhetoric scrolling down my Facebook wall regularly, so don't be offended, my dear conservative friends.
My favorite joke from last night's Leno show:
"After Tuesday night, Romney was so bad off he was praying he was covered under Obama-care."
My second favorite joke from last night's Leno show:
"After Tuesday night, Romney was so bad off that he might even start talking to poor people."
Ahh....still laughing.
Seriously, I hope the GOP can eventually find a candidate that they can unite behind, but the longer that takes, the better our chances of beating him. So let the drama continue!
Hey, thanks for the shout-out! I'm not a bit offended - they were amusing jokes. :) To me the biggest problem in Washington now is the polarization of the two parties. Both parties have positive contributions and ideas, but it seems like in many cases the politicians are most interested in sticking with party loyalties rather than compromising and truly considering what would be the best for the people! My opinion - would be interested to know your take on that. :)
ReplyDeleteHey Rachael,
ReplyDeleteI tend to agree with you regarding congress; their focus can become so partisan that it seems they forget about those whom they were elected to serve. On the other hand, President Obama has caved to the right so many times, he's practically a Republican! I voted for him and will do so again, but I haven't been happy with all his decisions.