Monday, May 18, 2015

Not sure how I feel about that conversation.

Seth and I were just looking at the calendar, counting down the days until he is finished with school. Not realizing how soon various things are coming up, I remarked:

Me: Wow, Seth once your school is over, you and I won't see each other much for a couple weeks.

Seth: Really?

Me:  Yeah. The week after school gets out you go straight to EFY. Then you're home for one day to celebrate your 15th birthday, and then I leave for Young Women's camp.

Seth: That's great!!! I mean, not that great.. I mean, well, I love being around you and seeing you every day and all that. But it's really nice when you're not here telling me to do stuff all the time. Dad doesn't really pay attention to all that stuff. But you say, "Seth, have you practiced the piano?" and "Seth, do you have any homework?" and "Seth, you need to eat dinner." and "Seth, you need to clean your room," and "Seth, you need to go to bed soon."

Hmmm. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to feel about that conversation. But I do love Seth. And I know he loves me. So I guess that is all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment