Monday, June 3, 2019

In Search of Dresses with Pockets

Have you ever noticed that most dresses don't have pockets? Me either. It never mattered. But suddenly, it has become urgent that I have dresses with pockets to wear the 1st and 3rd Sundays of each month.

I have a total of 37 dresses. Exactly two of them have pockets. (Aside: no judgment on the 37 dresses. I like clothes.)

As you may remember, last September we were transferred into a new ward. For quite a while, I didn't have a calling, and I happily wore my pocket-less dresses each week. A while back, though, I was called to teach Gospel Doctrine (hooray!), and now I need pockets.

Why? This new ward has several people with hearing difficulties, so they like teachers to use a microphone. The former teacher carried a hand-held mic and passed it back and forth, sort of "talk show host" style, but my teaching mode just doesn't vibe with worrying about a microphone. So, one very kind Sunday School President and one equally kind Bishopric Counselor worked it out for the ward to purchase a clip-on, cordless mic setup. It wasn't easy for them, and I am so, so grateful. The microphone part clips onto my collar and attaches to a little box deal that needs to go in my pocket.

Except only two of my dresses have pockets.

A few other dresses look decent with my long, beige, pocketed cardigan over the top, so that's worked a couple times. But this past week, I was in full-on clothes crisis mode, trying to figure out what to wear! Church starts at 9:00, and by 8:50 I was still in my underwear shouting, "There MUST be more dresses here with pockets!"

But no.

With the weather warming, I probably won't even want to wear the cardigan, and no, I don't want to wear the same two dresses every 1st and 3rd Sunday. Is a shopping trip in order? In search of dresses with pockets? Granted, I don't necessarily need any new dresses, but desperate times and all that.

So if you're ever browsing online or wandering through a clothing store and happen upon a cute dress with pockets, ping me. I'll be forever grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment