Saturday, January 11, 2020

Kennedy says...Part 4





This is the ongoing blog post for Shulamith, so she can remember all the things Kennedy says. If you'd like to see earlier editions of this post, go here.

62. Since coming home from Disneyland, both Shulamith's older kids have so many great memories.
Kennedy: Whenever I watch videos of Disneyland, I get tears in my eyes because I miss it so much.

63. The "Monsters" (Monson-Websters) are moving into a fairly small apartment after selling their tent in the wilderness and before purchasing a larger home. 
Kennedy: When do we move into our new "compartment"?

64. When we eat at Chinese restaurants, Shulamith "reads" her kids their fortunes, except instead of reading what is there, she makes stuff up about them. For example, "It says, 'Swen is the most amazing boy who loves cars.'"
Kennedy: Sometimes you get really, really lucky, and the fortune inside the cookie has your name on it, like "Kennedy is the best dancer."

65. Shulamith and I always remark on how Kennedy is so NOT like us. We are extroverts, super social, and we like to go places all the time. Kennedy is an introvert, not very social, and she likes to stay home. But we recently discovered one way she is like us. A game of "Would you rather..." went like this:
Shulamith: Would you rather not be able to walk or not be able to drive a car?
Kennedy: Definitely not be able to walk. People could just push me around in a wheel chair.
Shulamith: But you couldn't run and play and dance and do gymnastics.
Kennedy: That's okay. As long as someone could put me in my bed and bring me food, and I could watch TV, I'd be fine.
Haha, yes, girl, we also love to lie in bed, eat good food, and watch TV.

66. Driving through downtown Midvale on the way to Shulamith and Matt's new apartment:
Kennedy: This is like old world.
And sure enough, we saw this sign:





67. We had no idea that Kennedy has been paying any attention at all to the presidential race, until this.
Kennedy: Mommy! Did you now that a girl is going to be the new president?
Shulamith: Well, a couple of girls are trying to be the president, but we don't know yet who will win.
Kennedy: No, Mommy, a GIRL! A GIRL is going to be the president!
(Oh, Kennedy, not this time around. But one day soon, we can hope!)

68. Then more on the election, out of the mouths of babes...
Kennedy: Mommy, I think everyone should just vote for Jesus for president.


69. Kennedy and Swen were in a conversation about whether it's better to be a girl or a boy.
Kennedy: It's good to be a girl.
Swen: It's better to be a boy. You can go to the bathroom outside.
Shulamith: But girls can have babies.
Swen: That's it? And sit around and look at Instagram.
Kennedy: That's a lot!

70. Kennedy's brother Swen is a very nice, kind boy to everyone in the world. Everyone except Kennedy. For some reason, Swen makes it his life's mission to make her miserable much of the time. One day she was at her wit's end with him.
Kennedy: Whenever we go anywhere, just LEAVE him!"

71. Last night was Halloween, but because of COVID, safe trick-or-treating meant only going to houses with bowl of candy outside.
Kennedy: I don't really like saying "trick-or-treat" to strangers. I like these bowls better.

No comments:

Post a Comment