It may not surprise you to learn that interior decorating is not exactly my jam. My mother is super good at it, but I inherited none of her talent. I am an auditory learner and as non-visual as anyone I know; I couldn't tell you what looks good in a house to save my life. All this makes moving into a new home challenging. Suddenly, I have so many empty rooms and blank walls. We moved nearly six months ago, and it's taken me about that long to get the living and dining rooms furnished, and I'm still not quite done, but close. A few months ago, my uber-talented sister-in-law, Monica, sent me two lovely pieces of art that she created, and until this past week, they were literally the only things hanging on my walls. Look how beautiful:
I'm definitely a minimalist when it comes to home decor; for me, less is definitely more. But I still needed something! Back when we packed up and moved from Angel house, Amanda made me promise not to allow anyone but her to hang things in the new house. I've mentioned before that she has a remarkable skillset, and one item in that set is her eye for design, combined with her precise attention to detail. Her mantra: "Measure 20 times; drill once!" And it works too!
Shulamith is, shall we say, less prone to exact precision and far less likely to measure 20 times. Or even once. In the middle of "Project Make Terrianne's Living Room Wall Look Good," I believe I heard Shulamith say something like, "Think twice, measure once, drill five times." Haha! Still, let's give credit where credit is due. While Amanda arranged this wall grouping, Shulamith was the one who talked me into buying the mirror, and she is also the one who found the cute "E and "W" tiles. Eli thought it was "dope" that we were decorating our living room with his initials, so I made sure to get an ampersand sign to separate the two letters, which (sorry, Eli) represent the two last names in our family.
This project took two evenings, and both were pretty wild rides. I busied myself cleaning and tried to stay clear of the whole measuring and drilling thing. I am positively useless to help, and I just get stressed. The first night, the goal was to hang the three major pieces in the wall grouping Amanda had created.






No comments:
Post a Comment