When I mentioned in this post that I sure wish someone had saved my past Christmas letters, I had zero expectation that anyone actually did. I mean why would others save my letters when I didn't even save them? That said, I am the least sentimental person alive. I hate clutter! Barely anything is more satisfying to me than filling a big bag with crap to get rid of. That's why these biannual curbside pickups were so gratifying, another thing I miss about living in Sandy. So far no curbside pickups here in the Bluffdale wilderness.
I save almost nothing. I have one small, square file box, and in it, each of my kids has a single file folder. If they make something or give me something that fits in that file, awesome! If not, it can't be that important. The upside to this is my house is always neat and organized. The downside? Many times I throw stuff away that I actually need later. Important stuff. It might have looked like clutter a week ago, but now? Ugh! So yeah, as I lamented in the earlier post, I desperately wish I'd saved our Christmas letters through the years.
So you can imagine my joy when I received not one, but two manilla envelopes in the mail this past week, one from Gerald's mom and one from my friend Jeannie. Each contained several of our past letters. I now have our letters from 1994, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021. I can't even believe it! Thank you, thank you, thank you, Vi And Jeannie. Now, of course, I have this glimmer of hope that maybe someone has some of the earlier letters, but even if that's not the case, I'm grateful to have at least these.
No comments:
Post a Comment