Okay, I get it. It's not a real holiday. It's totally fake. But fake or not, it truly does get the nod for the most low-key, low stress, low-maintenance holiday around. Which is why we love it so much!
Here I am setting up on Saturday afternoon. Yep, that's it! All the decorations for Halfway Christmas. I set up my little Charlie Brown Christmas tree. I trimmed it with one red ornament and one wooden one that says "Merry Halfway Christmas," given to me by my friend Carolynn. I lit a Christmas-scented candle. I wrapped up two presents, one for the person whose name I drew (Kennedy), and one for Isaiah, who doesn't celebrate Halfway Christmas but comes for food---(this mama can't leave him out of the gift exchange).
I was ready.
Yesterday, I re-lit the candle, and Gerald put a Christmas picture on the Frame TV. Christmas music played throughout the house.
It really is the best day.
Around 4:30, people began to arrive. Amanda made some yummy guacamole, and we all ate chips and guac as an appetizer. Once everyone was here, Shulamith and Amanda started frying bread to make Navajo tacos with chili, cheese, and all the toppings.
Next, we hurried downstairs (though not nearly fast enough according to Swen, Kennedy, Theodore, and Jane) to open presents, one for each of us.











No comments:
Post a Comment