"Blog worthy, I'd say," Tom texted on a group thread that includes his three lovely daughters and me.
"You know it!" I replied. Cuz if it's not on the blog, did it even happen?
And here I am, back home, trying to capture in words the actual bliss of a day at the ocean with Leslie, Carley, and Katie; Leslie's husband and kids; Shulamith and her kids; and Eli, Amanda, and Jane. Well let me just show you a picture to demonstrate:
Left to right: Swen, Shulamith, me, Leslie, Sydney, Katie, Carley, Silas, Eli, Amanda
Front row: Theodore, Kennedy, Hudson, Jane
Yeah, it was that good. As I always do when I get to go home to Oregon, I ordered rain for the whole time we were there. This was super annoying to Shulamith, who prefers sunshine at the beach. Like she gets genuinely irritated that I want rain, as if I control the weather. Turns out, she got her wish. It rained beautifully our first day in Oregon (What a perfect storm!), when we visited my mom in rehab (recovering from a broken femur) and ate a relaxing, delicious dinner at Tom's house. But two days later, our only full day in Seaside, the clouds disappeared and the sun shone bright. Just for Shulamith!
She and her kids jumped the waves for hours, along with Eli and Jane. I sat comfortably in a lawn chair on the beach, where I got not one single gain of sand anywhere near my feet or between my toes. Victory. AND, I got to visit with my three adorable nieces. Katie arrived first thing that morning, so I met up with her early and walked the streets of Seaside. So fun! Leslie and Carley were 30 minutes from Leslie's house in Gig Harbor, WA when their "check engine" light came on, forcing them to go all the way back and switch cars, adding an extra hour to their already long day trip. I can't believe they still came, but I'm so grateful they did.
Thirty hours of driving in six days is a lot. We are all tired. But it was so worth it to see everyone, and yes, Tom, the day at the ocean was 100% blog worthy! Here are some more random pics to prove it:
Katie, Carley, and I riding the best Tilt-a-Whirl on earth!
Eli, Theodore, and Swen too!
Eli, Jane, and Kennedy on the famous carousel
Leslie, Silas, and Sydney





No comments:
Post a Comment