Saturday, April 4, 2009

The Beginning

The idea for this blog came from two people: Trudy and Monica. My friend Trudy creates a newsletter for her family called "The Carey Chronicle." She publishes it monthly and includes articles and pictures about the lives of her and her husband, their four children and their families. I've wanted to do something like that for our family; however, the thought of producing an actual physical document every month seemed overwhelming. I decided something electronic would be more mangable.

Then I was chatting with my sister-in-law, Monica. She mentioned that she writes a blog about her four-year-old daughter Ellery called "WhatEllerySays." At first, I thought of doing something similar just for Seth, but then I combined Trudy's newsletter idea with Monica's blog idea, and this is the result.

Some may wonder why the blog is called ITS LEGS. That is the name, created by Eli, on our vanity licence plate. I asked Eli to think of a word or phrase that used the first letter from each of our first names. He came up with ITS LEGS (Isaiah, Terrianne, Shulamith, Luke, Eli, Gerald, Seth).

So there's a start. I look forward to writing more. --Terrianne

No comments:

Post a Comment