Saturday, April 25, 2009

Most Definitely from the Male Species


It is often the case in the morning that Seth awakens and climbs the stairs to find me sitting at the dining room table applying my make-up for the day. Yesterday was no different, except this time as he sat on a bar stool in the kitchen eating his cereal, he felt compelled to comment on the process of my make-up application.

Seth: Why do you do that every day?

Me: Because I want to look good.

Seth: Do you think you need to be pretty just because you're a girl?

Me: Well, I like to look good, but I don't know if it's just because I'm a girl.

Seth: Well you already look pretty without all that stuff.

Me: I think I look BETTER wearing make-up.

Seth: You don't look ONE BIT DIFFERENT after you put that stuff on.

Me: Not one bit?

Seth: Well, the only thing I can tell is that your eyes on top look a little purple [Seriously, I don't wear purple eye shadow].

....as I so carefully swirled, tapped, and buffed on my Bare Minerals foundation, he continued on,

Seth: That stuff right there doesn't do a thing. You look exactly the same. You don't look any paler or whiter or shinier [I didn't know that was the goal] than before.

Seth: All that stuff is really a big waste of time.

So yeah, I'm thinking Seth is most definitely from the male species.