Sunday, January 6, 2013

WHAT??????????????????????????????

Seth attends a middle school that includes grades 7 - 9, so he is among the youngest kids there (perhaps one of the very youngest with his June 14th birthday). So last night Gerald and I were talking with him casually about school, friends, church, life in general. It was one of those quiet times with just the three of us sprawled across various places on our queen-sized bed. We had just read our nightly installment of the Book of Mormon, right on schedule with our goal to read the entire book this year.

Somehow the conversation moved to Seth's social life, and the following conversation ensued:

Seth: I think I must be kinda mature for my age.

Mom: Why do you say that?

Seth: Well, all the guys in my Young Men's are 14, and they like to hang out with me. They're my best buds.

Mom: That's true. They are nice boys. I'm glad they are your friends. I think it's because you've been raised in a house full of teenagers ever since you were born. You've never had anyone here even close to your age.

Seth: And even at school, most of my friends are older, the 8th and 9th graders.

Dad: But I don't imagine any of the ninth-grade girls are interested in you.

Seth: Unfortunately, no.

WHAT?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

1 comment: