Monday, May 13, 2019
Mr. Webster
Meet Mr. Webster, soon-to-be 5th grade teacher at Park Lane Elementary. Yes, it's true. After six interviews and one terrifying live teaching demonstration, Eli was offered a full time contract to teach 5th grade starting this fall. Not only that, but Park Lane was hands down his first choice of all six.
When he came home from the interview, he said something like, "If they would call and offer me a job, I'd take it. I wouldn't even have to think about it. I'd cancel any future interviews. I want to work there." Something about the culture at Park Lane was a perfect fit for Eli, and he felt it from the start. He loved the people he met: the principal, the other fifth grade teachers, the learning coach. Not only that, the school is right here in our district, maybe a 7-minute drive from our house. Well, goodness, it's almost as if Heavenly Father had a plan or something.
This is a mom brag moment, but seriously, I am so proud of Eli. He persevered through all his coursework at BYU-Idaho, his student teaching, that stupid science Praxis test, and then six interviews. Then, for Park Lane, he had to go back and do a teaching demo with 27 5th graders he'd never met. Nerve racking, ya think? After he prepared the demo lesson, he practiced multiple times on Amanda and Shulamith and me. Afterward, he said the real students were way better than us. He thoroughly enjoyed them.
Good thing, because come August he'll have his own classroom with his own 5th graders. He's gonna be awesome; I have no doubt. Eli has always wanted to be a teacher (like Mr. Mac), and now that dream has come true.
Super congrats, Eli! Love you so!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment